Helping Those Injured On Someone Else’s Property
When an individual, a company or a government entity owns property, they must maintain that property in a way that preserves the safety of visitors. If the property falls into disrepair, or dangerous conditions exist, accidents may happen. If a visitor to a property is injured, the injured person can hold the owner responsible. These are considered premises liability cases and need the attention of an experienced premises liability lawyer.
At Shafer, Grossman & Rupp, APLC, in Santa Ana, we are committed to helping clients who have been injured on someone else’s property. Our understanding of California premises liability and general personal injury law is vast, as we have over 30 years of combined experience handling these types of cases.
Types Of Premises Liability Accidents
We handle all types of premises liability cases, including:
- Slip-and-falls and trip-and-falls: While slipping and falling may seem minor and be embarrassing, do not try to immediately get up and walk away. You may be injured and need to take time to get up and observe what it was that caused you to fall. These are essential points in putting together a premises liability claim.
- Dangerous conditions: Any conditions that place the safety of individuals in jeopardy may be considered a dangerous condition. Common dangerous conditions include wet floors (without proper signage), uneven stairs or sidewalks, unmarked steps, damaged walkways and steep ramps.
- Dog bites: There are specific laws that govern how owners should control their dogs and other animals. Unfortunately, animal attacks and dog bites still occur. In nearly all situations, the dog owner is responsible for the injuries suffered. Injuries may be severe, especially if a child is the victim.
- Falling objects: Stores often place products very high up on shelves. This may lead to the object falling on a patron of the store, causing injuries. Other falling objects include light fixtures and ceiling tiles.
Places You Can Be Injured
Injuries can happen anywhere at any point in time. While injuries do occur on private property, they often occur on commercial properties such as:
- Big-box stores, such as Walmart, Target, Costco and Sam’s Club
- Apartments and condominiums
Types of injuries may include a serious brain injury, a spinal cord injury, a fracture, or a back or neck injury. Regardless of the type of injury that you have suffered in one of these locations, talk with one of our attorneys about a claim for the losses you have sustained.
Talk To Us About Your Case
Discuss your case with an attorney as soon as possible after suffering an injury on someone else’s property. We can begin the investigation immediately and before any correcting of the dangerous condition begins. Call us now at 714-975-8847 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation.